What is the mission of Prom Project?
To collect and donate free prom dresses to high school senior girls who demonstrate financial need, thereby promoting self-confidence and individual beauty.
How can a high school girl get a free prom dress?
- Complete and turn in an an online application.
- Qualified girls will be contacted to attend “Boutique Day”.
- On “Boutique Day” choose a dress.
What cities are in the North Orange County?
Buena Park, La Habra, Fullerton, Brea, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Orange, Anaheim, Cypress, La Palma, Santa Ana, Stanton
Where can I see some pictures of the prom project event?
For pictures from the 2012 prom project please click here.
What can be donated?
- Financial Contributions: Cash donations are needed to purchase dresses in sizes that are rarely donated in addition to the expense of altering dresses.
- Dress/Accessory Donation: We need new or gently used formal dresses, jewelry and bags. The dresses must be in excellent condition, clean and appropriate for the prom.
- Goodie Bag Donation: We need make-up and hair products. Gift certificates for shoes, nail and hair services are also appreciated.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Your donation may be tax-deductible, contact your tax adviser for more information. If you would like a tax-deduction receipt, please supply the following information when making a donation:
- Street Address, City, State
- Phone # and/or e-mail address
- Item(s) donated
Who do I contact when I want to have donations dropped off or have questions?
|YWCA North Orange County|| || |
|215 E. Commonwealth Ave. Ste F.|| || |
|Fullerton, CA 92832||or||Christina Medina at
|Phone: 714-871-4488|| || |
|Fax: 714-871-4709|| || |
How can I volunteer?
We need volunteers to help with collecting, sorting, and distributing the dresses. Volunteers are also needed on “Boutique Day”, to serve as personal shoppers, and to help set up and transfer dresses. For more information call Diane Masseth-Jones at 714-871-4488
If I am a high school student, how can I start a Prom Project Club at my school?
Contact us and we’ll give you all the materials (flyers, posters, tax receipts, etc.) and a list of helpful hints and suggestions. It’s simple.
Contact: Christina Medina